1. The Association shall be called ‘The Worcestershire Badminton Association’, (hereinafter called the Association), and all clubs affiliated to it shall be affiliated to The Badminton Association of England, and shall conform to its rules.
2. The objects of the Association shall be the promotion of Badminton generally in the County, the organisation of annual Inter-Club competitions and the arrangement of County matches and County Championships. Affiliated Clubs shall be eligible to take part in such functions directly promoted by the Association.
3. All Clubs of which the object or one of the objects is Badminton and having their courts in the County of Worcester 1886 Boundary, shall be eligible for membership, subject to the approval of the committee. All residents in the County of Worcester 1886 Boundary or any person whose interest lies in observing the playing of Badminton shall be eligible for Associate Membership, subject to the approval of the Committee. A General Meeting shall be empowered to elect to Honorary Associate Membership, without subscription, such persons as may be deemed worthy of the honour, they shall possess the same rights as Associate Members. Recommendations shall be made in writing to the Honorary General Secretary by 31st March in each year.
4. The management of the Association shall be vested in a Committee consisting of, a President, Vice Presidents (if any are elected, of whom there shall be no more than three), a Chairman, an Honorary General Secretary, an Honorary Treasurer (who may be one and the same person), an Honorary Match Secretary, an Honorary Assistant Secretary, all hereinafter referred to as officers, and not more than twenty five members of affiliated clubs. All officers other than the President and Vice-Presidents shall be members of clubs belonging to the Association. All members of the Committee shall be elected annually by ballot and shall be eligible for re-election on retirement. The Committee shall have the power to fill vacancies at their discretion and to create and to co-opt to such sub-committees as may be necessary. Five shall form a quorum at a meeting of the Management Committee at which shall be elected a Chairman who shall have a casting vote in addition to his ordinary vote. The Committee shall have the power to invite individuals to become Honorary Life Vice-Presidents of the Association.
5. An Annual General Meeting shall be held in April or May in each year, for the purpose of receiving the Committee’s report, passing the Accounts, electing the Committee and an Honorary Auditor if desired, for the ensuing year, and other business. Each club belonging to the Association shall be entitled to send representatives to this and every General Meeting. The officers shall not be deemed to be representatives of the respective Clubs to which they may belong, but shall ex officio be entitled to vote at General Meetings, but in the event of the same Club having more than one officer, in addition to one other representative present at the Annual General Meeting, or at an Extraordinary General Meeting, only two of such representatives shall be entitled to vote. Notices convening the meeting, and stating the business to be done, shall be sent to the Honorary Secretaries of the Clubs belonging to the Association and to Associate Members at least fourteen days prior to the date of the Meeting. The Chairman shall have a casting vote in addition to his ordinary vote.
6. A Special General Meeting may be called at any time by the Committee, and shall be convened by the Honorary General Secretary upon the requisition in writing signed by any three members of the Committee or by representatives of six affiliated clubs. Every such requisition shall expressly state the object of the proposed meeting. The Honorary General Secretary shall give to all Honorary Secretaries of the Clubs belonging to the Association and Associate Members at least seven days notice of such meeting, specifying the purpose for which it is called, and no other business than that specified shall be transacted thereat.
7. The Honorary General Secretary shall call a meeting of the Committee when requested in writing to do so by three members thereof, or at any time at his discretion.
8. The Rules of the Association may be altered, but only at a General Meeting, and the proposed alterations shall be fully specified in the notice convening the meeting. No alterations of the Rules shall be adopted unless two thirds of those present entitled to vote shall be in favour of such alteration.
9. The Annual Subscription for a Club (which shall include the subscription payable to the Badminton ENGLAND, by the Association ) shall be the amount agreed at the Association’s AGM plus the amount agreed at the AGM of Badminton ENGLAND.
By the 1st November each club shall pass to the Badminton ENGLAND the affiliation fee for each member of the club.
Any club whose affiliation fee is not paid by 1st January shall, at the discretion of the Management Committee, cease to be a member of the Association and shall forfeit all rights attributable to such membership. Details of any person becoming members of a club subsequent to the payment of the annual subscriptions referred to above shall be sent immediately to the Badminton ENGLAND with the appropriate affiliation fee.
10. All trophies awarded on an annual basis to individuals or clubs remain the property of the Association and shall be returned at a date and venue laid down by the organising committee awarding the trophy. Any individual or club failing to return a trophy at date and venue specified shall be fined and shall not be allowed to enter any competition organised by the Association until such fine is paid and the trophy returned. In addition the offending club or individual shall not be allowed to hold a trophy belonging to the Association for one year from the date of the offence.
11. County Colours for the relevant team will be awarded to any player who has represented the Association in all but one of the Inter-County Championship matches for their designated team in one season, or has represented the Association in 8 Senior County matches in all County Colours will be awarded to any player who has represented the Association in 8 Veterans team matches.
12. The County Playing Colours for players granted their colour under Rule 11 shall be :-
a ) First Team: A badge consisting of the County Crest with the words “Worcestershire” above and “Badminton” below
b) Second Team : A badge similar to the above but with the words “Second Team” below the crest.
c) Third Team : A badge similar to the above but with the words “Third Team” below the crest.
d) Fourth Team : A badge similar to the above but with the words “Fourth Team” below the crest.
e) Veterans Team : A badge similar to the above but with the words “Veterans Team” below the crest.
Any member of an affiliated club shall be entitled to wear the scarf and tie in County Colours, viz.: Green and Yellow.
13. The Committee shall have the power to deal with any matters not covered by these rules.